The Student Experience Department encompasses Careers and Student Services who work to enhance the experience of students at all stages in their journey through DBS by providing a range of support services in a student-friendly, accessible way. Our objective is to ensure DBS students have the best possible College-life experience and to promote a DBS community and culture that is focused on student wellbeing and success.We provide services impartially, confidentially, efficiently and free from discrimination, adhering to national codes of good practice and professional standards.
Our Student Welfare Officer can provide students with information regarding low cost counselling options, free support services and the referral procedure DBS have in place with Counselling and Psychotherapy Services.
If you would like to make an appointment please e-mail Student Services.
- Aware provides information and support to the families and those affected by depression. Aware also provide free support groups.
- Dublin Rape Crisis Centre provides a wide range of services to women and men who are affected by rape, sexual assault, sexual harassment or childhood sexual abuse. The Dublin Rape Crisis Centre have a variety of supports available: a national 24-hour helpline, one to one counselling, court accompaniment, outreach services, training, awareness raising and lobbying.
- Focus Ireland supports the needs of people out-of-home and those at risk of becoming homeless. Focus Ireland provide emergency accommodation and support for people faced with homelessness.
- Gay Switchboard Dublin provides a listening, supportive network for lesbians, gay men, bisexual & trans people, and anyone who needs to discuss issues relating to sexuality.
- Irish Family Planning Association acts as an informational resource for sexual and reproductive health information as well as providing clinical services, counselling services, education, training and awareness raising.
- One in Four provides support to both male and female victims of sexual abuse or sexual violence.
- Open Heart House centre provides a supportive environment and network for those living with HIV and AIDS.
- Positive Options equips people with the important information and options needed when faced with a crisis pregnancy.
- ReachOut provides support and information on a wide variety of mental health issues that affect young people.
- Samaritans provides support to those who are seeking emotional support for a wide variety of reasons, their helpline is open 24hours a day 365 days a year.
- Shine Online Shine supports people with mental ill health and their families and friends in a number of different ways.
If you require medical assistance during your time in DBS, the Aungier St Medical Clinicis in close proximity to the college and they offer a discount to students carrying a valid Student card. If you require any further information regarding medical needs we would be happy to point you in the right direction, please contact Student Services.